LESSON CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancellation of a lesson must be made AT LEAST 24 hours prior to the scheduled lesson time in order to receive a make-up lesson (for definition of a make-up lesson, please see below). This includes leaving messages on the answering machine or eMail.
- No shows or failure to notify the school/teacher within 24 hours is considered a forfeited lesson. No refunds, credits or make-up classes are given for a forfeited lesson.
- No more than 4 cancellations per set of 12 lessons.
- If you know of dates ahead of time where you/your child cannot make a lesson, please notify the school when booking/paying for your lessons.
- There are NO refunds on unused or cancelled lessons.
- Should you choose to take a break, unused lessons can be banked for you for a period of 3 months. Unused lessons after that time will be considered forfeited.
- Cancellation of study in the studio requires a 2-lesson notice unless otherwise agreed upon. Payment for and/or completion of 2 lessons must be made after notification of intent to quit has been made.
MAKE UP LESSONS
- Any lessons cancelled at least 24 hours ahead of the scheduled lesson will receive a make-up lesson at a time convenient to both the teacher and the student. This makeup lesson will not be skipped over or added to the end of the set of 5 lessons.
- Typically, make-up lessons take place at an alternate time/day within the week. In some cases, the make-up lesson will be added after/before the original lesson time, enabling the student to have an hour lesson.
- Make-up lessons not used after 3 months will be considered forfeited.
- A make-up lesson needs to be booked with the school scheduler.
Please notify the scheduler if you will be more than five minutes late; it is your paid time. If you are more than 10-minutes late, the lesson is counted as a late cancellation with no make-up lesson given.
HOLIDAYS / SCHOOL BREAKS
Exceptions will be made with respect to School breaks, Christmas, March Break, Religious and Statutory Holidays. Those weeks will be skipped over during the consecutive weekly lessons. Please advise school scheduler as soon as you know you will have to miss a lesson due to these previously mentioned breaks.
WHEN YOUR TEACHER CANCELS
In most cases, when your teacher cannot be here, we will find a suitable substitute teacher and the lesson will continue as regularly scheduled. If your teacher cancels a lesson and we are unable to find a substitute teacher, we will skip over that weeks lesson and resume the following week. All payments will be pushed forward to compensate for the missed lesson.
Parents or legal guardians of underage students are requested to not leave the student at the school for excessive times before or after class. I waive legal action for any injury sustained by the student at the school through normal activities. The school is granted permission to take photographs of students to use in brochures, web sites, posters, ads, and other promotional materials it creates, and to copyright such photographs in its name. Student names will not be used in promos.